BQR’s fiXtress is a superior Design for Reliability (DfR) suite, used as an add-on software tool for OrCAD. fiXtress™ is the only tool integrating design error detection with electrical stress, thermal, MTBF and service life prediction on the schematic level, before PCB layout.
- Improves design robustness by detecting errors during schematic review
- Corrects hard-to-detect design errors before fab-out
- Streamlines the design process
- Plug-in for OrCAD Schematic, suitable for any analog or digital PCB size
- Applicable for all industries requiring highly reliable electronics boards
The powerful fiXtress toolkit contains the the following capabilities:
- Simple MTBF (Mean Time Between Failures) calculations according to Mil HDBK-217F2 Parts Count and Telcordia SR-332 issue 3 Parts Count & Parts Stress.
- BOM is automatically created from the schematic.
- Full excel reports are generated.
- The tool includes a components library utility with an easy way to define new components for reuse.
- Back annotation of the components MTBF (Failure Rate) to the schematic.
- Easy connection to BQR’s fiXtress provides additional design simulation tools such as: automated schematic review, automated electrical stress derating and thermal analysis.
- Additional Reliability and Safety engineering tools are available on www.bqr.com:
- Electrical Stress Derating
- FMEA: Failure Modes Effects Analysis
- FMECA: Failure Modes Effects and Criticality Analysis
- FTA: Fault Tress Analysis
- RBD: Redundancy/Reliability Block Diagram